How to connect PLC to Citect/Scada

joigunni

Supporting Member
I'm totally lost! I have a PLC TSX3722 Micro that I want to connect with Citect /scads. I'm using the TER port on the console, and I understand that the only, or best, way is to use OPC server contained in Citect, and there I am totally lost. Is there anyone who can show me step by step how I set up OPC and Citect. While I'm trying to find out how these interactions take place, I have installed a simple program in PLC-system. I have one parameter "% MW10: 1" that is put in "HI" with every few seconds .... and in Citect I have a light that should be flashing in accordance with the variable.
I do not understand how I get Citect to read this variable from the PLC-system.o_O

Citect does have an OPC server but it is not what you need. Citect's OPC server allows other applications (such as Excel etc.) to connect to Citect via OPC. If Citect does not have a native drive rto talk to your PLC then you will need a third party IO driver. I suggest you have a look at Marikon and Kepware (to name a few) these companies write IO drivers that are OPC servers that Citect can connect to.

I'm beginning to think that OPC-way is not a clever way, at least not easy. I'm started to look for Modbus.o_O