Omron Fanuc AB

QvixoteRoux

Hi everybody

sorry for coming only to ask

I have a problem with some weirdo customer request
Aparently we need to interface 2 micrologix 1400, 2 omron CP1L and 2 Robots Fanuc LR Mate 200iD with controller R-30iB Mate
All this using a red Lion HMI G307K200

First they told use that they already have a similar setup using Ethernet communication, but they wont allow us to see the programs, this is something I hardly belive because of using omron and micrologix in the same network I dont know if is possible.

What I suspect is that they are using the HMI as a protocool translator, and I think we could be able to do the comms for both micrologix and both omron this way

I only need to know if is possible (and how) to comunicate with one of the omron to both robots via ethernet or modbus/tcp, or instead of the omron to use the red lion HMI using these two protocols.

I have to admit that I also am new using modbus

Any help is appreciated

The Red Lion has a protocol translator built in. I have set one up with Omron FINS on one side and Modbus TCP on the other side. Took a while but works well. Should be possible.

Which PLC controls the robots?
What field bus system you have on Omron and the robots?
If you have Ethernet Adapter/Slave option on the robot then you can use Ethernet IP option on Omron for comms. Then Omron PLC will talk to HMI.
Alternatively you can use Devicenet.

Use explicit messaging between Omron and AB.

We already solved the comm from omron to mirologix

and I think we managed to make something communicating one micrologix to the fanuc, the idea was that one of the omron CP1L to be working as master for both robots, since the other omron and the 2 ML already control a machine very one of them

Thats why we really wanted Omron to Fanuc via ethernet or modbus

Aparently this Is what we have
Omron has Fins ethernet and modbus/tcp
micrologix has ethernet+modbus/tcp
fanuc has only ethernet (we discovered it doesnt have the modbus PAC)
the red lion HMI has several protocool but it doesnt seems like having the right one to talk with the fanuc