Connecting Micrologix 1400 through Ethernet

if suppose this is the case, is there a way to reverse it or change it in anyway?

will serial communication work?

Yes your serial connection should still work, you will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable then you can change the Ethernet settings

RS232 DF1
then set the com port to what your USB to serial adapter is using or if you have a real serial port set it to that COM address (usually COM1)
once you have set the correct COM you should be able to click on autobrowse and it should find the correct settings for the ML1400's serial port.

Alan.

Yes your serial connection should still work, you will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable then you can change the Ethernet settings

Hi,
So actually i have the AB 1763-NC01 cable and not the one you mentioned. So is there any way this would work through RS-485 mode of communication?
I have a USB to RS-485 converter with me.

I have never tried, your PLC would need to be setup for 485 first and I think you would need to download that to the processor....

There is a chance that you could use the NC01 to make a PM02, you would need to verify the pinout of the two and compare them, the NC01 is not a converter its only connects to the pin so in theory its RS232 and could work as a PM02 if the pins are correct

I know Mickey has posted the pinout of the of the NC01 before