MicroLogix: Copy I: and O: registers to INT

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

this seems trivial, and probably answered several times already, but how do I copy either a single or group of bitwise I and O registers to INT?

I'm trying to group a bunch of sequential INTs so that another processor can read one block over a MSG instruction.

I'm trying MOV and COP but am getting unexpected results.

Any pointers? Thanks!

For help I think you should post EXACTLY what code you wrote and what results you expected and the actual results were.

Are you getting compile errors or just weird results?

Detail for each method you tried.

If it's not clear from your posts detail exactly which inputs and output locations you want to transfer and the intended destinations.

Hi All,

My code is: MOV I:0.0 N7:0

However, instead of getting a group of binary digits, I get a (159) which is a binary representation of the whole word. I want to see the bits one at a time over a range of 16 INTs for example.

Thanks!

Where you are looking at the Data File N7, click on Radix in the lower right corner. Change the radix from Decimal to Binary.

You could do it with BTD instruction. That would allow you to pick bits out of the word. It would take 16 of them.

Edit: FBC is WRONG instruction changed to BTD

Last edited: