Omega DMD4059 load cell conversion

Dariusincj

I'm searching around trying to find an equation i can punch into my AB 1769 processor. I have a 4-20mA input card, that is connected to an Omega DMD4059 signal conditioner that has a 0-10v input on that. Wasn't sure if i should just convert the 0-10v into a 4-20mA and then convert that into my load cell min/max weight allowed? Any thoughts?

Hi, I did a few projects recently with a lot of analog I/O. I didn't think one could mix units--V and mA. I've had a few customers who had V or mA capability on the same analog input card, meaning one could wire to volts or mA. You may have seen those. I know I had voltage inputs on say a valve position, and mA inputs on temp sensors. And on those dual purpose cards I could land both on the same card. You might look into that. Hope this helps.