View studio pide faceplate

Ninelives17

Hello, fairly new to programming. I have my PIDE faceplate referencing the correct parameters and the SP and CV are displaying correctly, however the numerical entry boxes are grayed out as well as the program/operator and auto/manual buttons. I need to be able to change the SP through view studio. Thanks for any ideas.

are trying to test the display in studio as global objects will not work, you have to create a application runtime and run it using FT client.

I have used the PIDE faceplate in a while but if it is partially made up of global objects they will not render in test mode.

I am compiling the mer file and running the application on a panelview plus 1000, i can see the setpoint and buttons but everything is grayed out. Panelview is 5.1

few more questions

are the values for SP and PV the same as in the PLC?

Is the routine containing your PIDE block executing? via JSR or in the MaintRoutine

if you can connect o PLC what are the following statuses of your PIDE block
EnabledIn
ProgProgReq
ProgOperReq
OperProgReq
OperOperReq

also are you using any form of login on the PVP

you can drill down on the input blocks in studio and view what visibility animation they have on them this can lead you to the param causing the issue

Last edited:
are the values for SP and PV the same as in the PLC?
Yes

Is the routine containing your PIDE block executing? via JSR or in the MaintRoutine
Yes

if you can connect o PLC what are the following statuses of your PIDE block
EnabledIn 1
ProgProgReq 1
ProgOperReq 0
OperProgReq 0
OperOperReq 0

also are you using any form of login on the PVP
No

ProgProgReq should be 0 those are supposed to be reset

Program program request. Set by the user program to request
Program control. Ignored if ProgOperReq is set. Holding this
set and ProgOperReq cleared locks the instruction in Program
control. When ProgValueReset is set, the instruction clears the
input each execution.
Default is cleared.

Thanks for your continued help Labeledas, we have it locked in program control to keep operators from having too much access. We have a similiar system elsewhere that will still allow you to change the setpoint via the pide faceplate, even though it is locked in program control as well. Do you think it could be because of the older version panelview? The one that works is 8.2

so the other unit is running the same PIDE faceplate but you have access to the SP.

As far as I know the faceplate will write to SPOper which has no effect in program mode. I don't have FTView studio in front of me or I could confirm all of this. I would wager they modified the faceplate to access SPProg and changed the visibility of the numeric input for SP so it shows in program mode or changed the visibility of the numeric input and tied SPOper to SPProg.

If you have the other HMI source files you can compare the 2 PIDE objects. I don't think it is a version issue as the PIDE faceplate has been around forever and has very basic functionality.

Last edited:
Yes, it does look like they modified it. I tried to change the tag on my faceplate but it would let me. Is there some way to change it? Just delete the whole keypad entry popup and add it back?

you should be able to drill down the the numeric input, I can't remember if it uses a global object or not but if so you will have to modify it in the global objects tree but this will change all instances of the faceplate use in the current application. if it is a global object I would recommend making a copy and naming it PIDE modified blab bla bla. then editing it