Dynamically Change ControlLogix Produce/Consume Tag Properties

jkerekes

I usually make a master program that I then use on different processes where the only difference is vessel sizes and setpoint ranges. I have the program look at the IP address of one of its EN2T modules to determine which process its running.

I then have to manually modify the master copy to change certain thing before downloading, such as the processor name and change the consumed processor IP addresses There's no way to programmably change the processor name though. Can I change the Consumed tag IP address in the I/O tree programmably?

I don't believe you can. You can programatically inhibit and un-inhibit ethernet modules - is it a possibility to program in both devices IP's and then just inhibit whichever one you're not running?

What about having both/all pulled into the PLC and just call the routine needed to map to the correct produce/consumed tags?

OR are you actually removing IP addresses and putting on other IP addresses? (I guess what is the physical process?)