Handheld tach from AutomationDirect

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've used the Shimpo DT series tachometers for many years. They are very dependable and rugged and have never had any issues with them except for once when the batteries corroded. I find that the attachments provided with the Shimpo cover most of the situations where you'll need to measure speed, RPM or whatever. Shimpo would be my first choice when buying a tachometer, but that's really all I've ever used.

The unit I have now was bought from Automation Direct.

Have used Shimpo combination tach with no problems. Very reliable.
BUT the one you have selected is a Non-Contact version only [requires sticking piece of reflective tape for measurement].

Though more expensive I would recommend a combo tach with both Contact and Non-Contact features.