Logixpro Exercise #4 (Latch & Unlatch)

PAP

I am currently taking a plc class which uses the logixpro software that contains a door simulation program which asks for the following; A supplemental program if the door is opening then pressing the close switch will immediately halt movement and remain halted and vice versa if the door is closing using the latch, unlatch instructions I have tried doing this several different ways and nothing I try seems to work could someone familiar with this exercise (#4) help me please because my instructor couldn't.

Just think it through.

IF the door is going up AND the down button is pressed THEN stop the door.

IF the door is going down AND the up button is pressed THEN stop the door.

Exercise #4 makes reference to using a "flag" to accomplish this task. Ken is correct, think it through and if the conditions are as described, how could you "flag" that in your program? If all else fails, I have a solution that will help you but it is better for you to do it than to just get the answer.

A day has passed. He has probably forgot about his homework by now.

Hint: The utilization of Binary or Integer Table bits (internal relays) to Flag specific conditions within your program would be appropriate.

Hint: Latch and Unlatch may be used (optional in Exercise 4), but are not actually needed and could be dangerous in a Door Opener circuit.

Hint: Students can often find possible solutions in the Downloads section. Use at your own risk!

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
A day has passed. He has probably forgot about his homework by now.

The homework was probably due today and he didn't turn in the homework or turned in just something to get partial credit. It seems that most of the students who ask questions (or beg for help) do so at the last possible minute.

Thanks On Exercise #4

Brucechase if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem and if you have no help to give who could beg you and my homework is due next week (FEb, 13 2007). TO EVERYONE ELSE THANKS ALOT.