Eurotherm 690 Drive Programming

I used some Eurotherm/SSD/Parker drives a decade ago.
I really enjoyed using the function block programming, it was basically an embedded PLC.

I've done some work with these on old systems. Can't say I enjoyed it; there were a number of idiosyncracies to contend with, but maybe it's just bias from being used to AB drives.

The customer is wanting to replace the Eurotherm with an AB750 drive. (Whenever they can get one). It appears the larger challenge will be learning how the Functions in the Eurotherm drive work, rather than generating a program in the AB drive.

I've just them before, they use software called DSE lite and are programmed through a serial to RJ11 cable.

I found the blocks quite intuitive to use and they can do all sorts of things with the internal logic.

The 690 could master slave and had very tight control. We used them on web handling lines back in 2005.
The 750 family will do thr job fine . You will need dual encoder card and probably a local I/O card. The master slave setup isnt to bad once you get the gearing swtup in the deive itself.