color animation of an object

FMorin

Hi,

My second day as a member and already a second question. I Hope I’ll be able to help someone someday…

Here’s the (multi)question: (again, I’m working on RSView Studio 4 (CPR7))

I’m trying to animate the color of an object(polygon) with this expression:

If ({tag1} == 0) Then 0 Else If ({tag1} == 1) Then 1 Else 2

tag1 is digital

1rst: what is the meaning of the {}?

2nd: When simulating, I receive this error:

Expression contains a tag that has an error value

After looking in the RA: KnowledgeBase, I’ve founded this post:

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/278665D22EA125B485256ECA006A86F4?OpenDocument

I don’t understand this answer, why creating a folder?

If I understand correctly, I’m comparing an integer with a bit and that’s not possible but I’ve tried to change the type and data type of tag1 to Analog and Integer, but the same error appeared.

3rd: would it be possible to use this expression, (I’ve tried but got the same error msg):

If {tag1}Then 1 Else 0

Meanings (for me as I understand it…):

if tag1 is true then 1

many thanks(!!!)

Being that this is a digital tag, just select the tag in the "expression" textbox don't add any other "logic" - just the tag, then select the color you want for the on state and the off state below.

Your "expression" has a minimum of three states 0, 1, and not 0 or 1. That is not possible with a digital tag....

See attached:
ussss.GIF

Last edited: