RSNetwrx CntrlNet eds file not registered

jetuaime81

Hi all,

I am using RSNetworx CntrlNet v6.00.00 build 97 cpr 6.I have a problem adding 1756-cnb/d module to the device list. I want to add cnb/d maj rev 5. Maj rev 7 is already added. I even removed rev 7 and tried rev 5 but still gives me error "failure in copying eds file.This device is not registered". I downloaded the file from AB site. I am able to add other eds files. If the file is corrupt, is there any other place i can get this file or can someone send me a copy.

Thanx in advance. Gr8 going plctalk.

That version is two major revisions old, so you may consider upgrading the the current revision of RSNetworx for ControlNet to support the modern ControlNet bridges like 1756-CNB/E and 1756-CN2/B.

Are you using the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool, or some other feature within RSNetworx ? I almost never have to install ControlNet EDS files.

Are you using the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool, or some other feature within RSNetworx ? I almost never have to install ControlNet EDS files.

thnx ken,

well i just opened an offline project and the cnb/d shows up as '?' but it gives me the details when i go to properties of this module. FYI, i'm a newbie. Can a firmware upgrade change cnb/d to cnb/e. we hav 3 or 4 spare cnb/d, so cant dump them you know.

any other site wher i can download eds for this card??

The 1756-CNB/D and /E are different hardware so no, you cannot upgrade one to another.

The usual method for registering EDS files is to download them from the RA EDS website:

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/cgi-bin/detail.pl?file=CN/0001000C00070500.eds

And use the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool to register them.

Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> Tools -> EDS Hardware Installation Tool.

ok so i'l try this when i get back to my company..the file i used i the same as in the link u posted..i used the eds wizard in rs networx software to resgister..i'l try this method...if that doesnt work, then i'l jus reinstall the software i guess..will let you know..thanx ken

Last edited:
so ken..no luck with that method either..from where and how can i reinstall the eds hardware installation tool alone??

ok so its done..the user id did not have administrator rights..logged into administrator and the eds was added without a problem..but i did add other eds files in the non administrator user id..dont know wats the problem..thnx neway ken...keep it going plctalk!!