Data Access Error

akvotek

Good day all,

We are using a MicroLogix 1100 with a Panel View Component C600.

We are using a serial cable to communicate between the two and we get the following error:

"2: Data Access Error for Alias XXXX, Controller PLC-1, Address in XX:X, Communication Flag is 0"

Now, I've tried pretty much anything I can think of. Changing nodes, changing protocols, etc. And nothing gives.

I have a feeling I have the settings all wrong.

Did any of you have the same issue? I'm at a loss of how to fix this. This is a new installation, so it's not like the system worked before and now it doesn't.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

Kindly,

Alan

Older thread I know (at least part of it) but I stumbled across it while trying fix the same error. In my case I was trying to display a timer value (directly) on my PanelView C400. The format of the timer register is such that it isn't capability with the Number display format of the PanelView. So in the ladder I used the Convert Any to Real function block, divided by 1000 to get it from msec to seconds, and that took care of the problem. Hope this helps someone else.