PLC Recommendations for Horizontal Fuel Tank Doser Project

Hi Sengle,

I'm late for the discussion but I think you would save a lot of time with S7-1200. It's by far more cappable and the LOGO programming software it is dificult to use for complex logic.

Also fo S7-1200 there is the Library of General Functios available that can be downloaded from https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/109479728. It is free of charge but needs to be registered. This library includes many usefull functios like Non Linear Interpolation, Limitation of rate of limit, temperature conversions, signal generators.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

+1 for the S7-1200, as long as there is an SMS library.

And not that it would be worth it, but even with only 16-bit signed integer math, the tank parameters can be approximated reasonably well: see this link.

Hi Sengle,

I'm late for the discussion but I think you would save a lot of time with S7-1200. It's by far more cappable and the LOGO programming software it is dificult to use for complex logic.

Also fo S7-1200 there is the Library of General Functios available that can be downloaded from https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/109479728. It is free of charge but needs to be registered. This library includes many usefull functios like Non Linear Interpolation, Limitation of rate of limit, temperature conversions, signal generators.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

Thanks very much for this info.
Its looking more and more like S7-1200 is the way to go. I am investigating their CP1242-7 V2 Modem as it looks like it will let me do what I need to do.