RSLogix 5000 - GSV module FaultCodes

Hi folks!

I'd like to add to my PLC logic a way to detect what failure is my I/O module (PowerFlex 525 VFD)having.
My goal is been able to array the module fault info to a TAG that I could export.

Does anyone have tried it before?

Is it OK by using the GSV command?

The fault info I'd like to manage are the following listed:

• Time: Exact Month/Day/year - Hour:Minute
  • Fault Code
  • Information related to the Fault Code: PowerFlex 525 brings several data about time, current, busDC voltaje, etc when a fault occurs.
I apreciate your indication and experience.
Best regards!

The GSV can be used to monitor if the controller is communicating with the device at the other end. But it won't be able to retrieve any sort of fault information from the drive. The GSV is for controller status, not the end device status.

You would need a MSG (message) instruction to pull data from the drive.

OG

@franco :
Send me a PM with your email , I got a routine to capture fault number and date for Dnet devices but can be modified for a PF525, In my case I collect last 10 faults but this number can be modified

The GSV can be used to monitor if the controller is communicating with the device at the other end. But it won't be a. ble to retrieve any sort of fault information from the drive. The GSV is for controller status, not the end device status.

You would need a MSG (message) instruction to pull data from the drive.

OG
This! I thought I had a MSG instruction that worked to retrieve the Fault Code from 525.
Copied from a previous job.
It's a Get Attribute Single, Service Code e, Instance 243, Class F.
Destination is a DINT DLAAVFD1_Data, the VFD being tagged as DLAAVFD1.
Does this seem to be a config which should work? 'Cos it don't appear to. :confused:

Last edited:
It's all on ethernet, I failed to say. The VFD comes off an ETAP in a DLR.
It appears that that MSG may have been written for a PF70. Can anyone tell me
how I need to set it up for a 525? (If it's different.)
Apologize for being a bit of a dunce, I'm in the field with little support at present. :unsure:

This VFD is running a lifter motor in an auto plant. The 1756-L83ES is contolling it flawlessly, so to speak.
But It won't appear in the Linx Window or in the Device Properties window. This may be the whole issue withthe MSG.

Last edited:
You can just get the fault code from the drive Input file in the I/O tree. (Assuming you have a version of Logix that supports Device Definitions and access to datalinks)
Furthermore, it would be most helpful for you to create your own thread. It would get a better audience.

Last edited:
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/520com-um001_-en-e.pdf starting at page 69 talks about explicit messaging and has some examples of how to create the message. Appendix C, page 125 lists the objects that can be accessed.

Thanks, Mikey! I dug around some more and found this:

" You can use an explicit message to pull the last fault code from the drive.
Message type: CIP Generic
Service Type: Get Attribute Single
Class : 93
Instance: 7
Attribute: 9 "

Not sure why yet, but it's working...
Cid