Atlas Copco OpenProtocol

brianafischer

Hello,

I am looking for drivers and/or example source code for both PC and AB PLC based systems that use the Atlas Copco Open Protocol to speak to PowerFocus torque controllers.

Thanks for the help.

Let me know if you find any. I need a copy of the Atlas Copco air compressor internal program also.

About a year ago, I struggled for a whole week to get torque data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 into a MicroLogix 1500 and came up with a solution that turned out to be the most convoluted code I've ever written. I have since come up with variations for SLC 5/05 and CompactLogix.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find a sample - although I have yet to meet anyone else that can understand how it works :confused:

If you have the option of taking data directly into a high-level PC-based system, I would definitely recommend that - as that is what the torque box is designed for.

🤷 Slightly OT - did you know that there is actually a type of dinosaur called the Atlascopcosaurus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlascopcosaurus

jkrom said:
About a year ago, I struggled for a whole week to get torque data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 into a MicroLogix 1500 and came up with a solution that turned out to be the most convoluted code I've ever written. I have since come up with variations for SLC 5/05 and CompactLogix.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find a sample - although I have yet to meet anyone else that can understand how it works :confused:

If you have the option of taking data directly into a high-level PC-based system, I would definitely recommend that - as that is what the torque box is designed for.

🤷 Slightly OT - did you know that there is actually a type of dinosaur called the Atlascopcosaurus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlascopcosaurus

Hi.At the time,I am developing MES. And I try to work to get data from an Atlas-Copco PF3000 now. But I found the openprotocol may not be I want, and cannot get correct data. May take me the sample?

Buy a PF with Devicenet and use that for information etc. It costs money for the Cards and interface but it is a less expensive then the hours you will be spending on this.

Giz.

Hello Jim,
I am Alessandro Santos and I work for Rockwell Automation Brazil. We have a customer who want to get data from a PF3000 into a SLC500 5/05. I am looking for references about this application and I have found your post.
I know that you are not working for Atlas Copco, so probably you do not have the files that you have developed, however I would like to ask you any contact inside Atlas Copco that I can have any reference. I tried Tech Support but I was not succesfull.

Best Regards
Alessandro Santos
Rockwell Automation

Atlas Copco Open Protocol Example

Alessandro,
I did a VB6 project some years ago talking to PF3000 controllers via sockets in VB and sending the data via OPC to an HMI. I believe that this would work using the OPC interface in RSLinx to go to the 5/05 but I do not have one to test with. I may be able to send you the code template. I will need to check with the home office.

I work for a company that has developed communication to all Atlas Copco tools via open protocol and can provide an OPC or DDE methods of communication as well as SQL database storage of rundown data.

Torque Tool Open Protocol

Kepware is about to release a driver for the Torque Tool Open Protocol. It was developed to interface with Stanley and Atlas Copco products supporting the Open protocol and will be available as a standard driver ($795). Beta is available now and the final version will be in the early September release.

PF3000 open protocol Atlas Copco

Hi,

I am currently programming the PF3000 and DS using SQL, MSDE, MySQL and Oracle.

Anyone needs application to do some Data Acquisition from the Atlas Copco products can contact me! I am doing this for a living.

I will give an attractive quote. I also have some applications ready, especially for Automotive Industry. An application to capture torque data for SRS components.

Again you can reach me at

[email protected]

Update on our Torque Tool Driver

Hi All, It's been released and has been tested with both Stanley and Atlas Copco Torque Tools. You can download it at www.kepware.com and it runs in a two hour demonstration mode, until unlocked. It is in use with several major automotive manufacturers. Thanks 🍻

Hello All,

I recently received a lot of requests about the Atlas Copco Open Protocol apps whether I am still supporting them?

The answer is YES. Do send me your requests and I will get back you as soon as possible.

[email protected]

Has anyone been successful getting torque and angle data from an Atlas Copco PF3000 into a SLC-5/05 via Ethernet? I am struggling to get this to work using an EEM (Explicit Ethernet Message) instruction in the SLC-5/05.

Please reply...THANKS!