Powerflex 525 Ethernet IP control

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have a powerflex 525 on my desk and a clx plc and have foolowed the AB quickstart procedure

I have added the powerflex and can see it from logix and can create and reset alarms so comms is up

in the quick start it says to set parameter 46 and 47 to Ethernet IP

If I set FreqCommand to 150000 and set Start to 1 nothing happens.

The drive is NOT in fault

Any ideas how to get the drive to go into run

150000 seems out of range.

Try entering 6000 for 60.00 hz output frequency

Even though you have intent to run from Ethernet/IP, you still need to jumper Dig Input terminals #1 to #11

The 525 is a Safe-Off drive. On your desk you will need to jumper S+ to S1 and S2.

If you are using the embedded Ethernet port then your settings for command are Ethernet/IP, if you are using the DLR option card, (also Ethernet/IP), you have to set 46 and 47 to aux cummunication

Hi Plastic
That worked ..the link was missing. The speed ref is straight from the AB quick start but I changed it to 2500 (25Hz) and that is what I got.....

Any tips for connecting a thermistor ?

Pf525

We use external thermistor relays and wire it to a terminal (generally Term3 or 5) and set that as an Aux Fault input.

To use a PF525 with a thermistor directly is terrible.
Essentially you set the voltage input up to drive an output and then use the output to drive a dig input set as Aux Fault.
But to use the voltage input you need resistor and set up a voltage divider.
Waste of time.