STEP 7 to TIA 15 conversion

Odd, the CPU is a 317F-2PN/DP, which has an Ethernet/Profinet interface.
But the WinCC Flexible RT seems to use a CP5611 for Profibus.

I would definitely switch to Ethernet for the migrated project.

Obviously compiling does not help.

These blocks seems to be step-7 blocks and under TIA they are stored in a grey out folder

Does it mean the blocks in the folder are obsolete and cannot be used with 1500 and has to be rewritten in new standard?

33.jpg

Thanks that is useful.

I have completed first stage. The project has converted to TIA.

The second step is to convert the S300 to S1500
So doing that I get the following
before you start the conversion from S7-300 to S7-1500, have you run and succeded with a compile all for both hardware, software and safety ?

Right click on the PLC in the structure on the left (in project view) an choose compile (rebuild all).

Edit: was too slow pressing the post button!

before you start the conversion from S7-300 to S7-1500, have you run and succeded with a compile all for both hardware, software and safety ?

Had compile software only (not safety or hardware). It has few errors but I thought I give it a shot anyway.

I am digging through TIA help on the migration subject as I go.

Last edited: