You get what you pay for

I appreciate your integrity.
Good on ya!

I dont... nothing personal but the seller is just going to do it again and again

I can buy **** all day long and sell it but no one wants to buy **** and if they do it should be listed as ****.

New factory sealed
New other (open)
Used
Parts and not working

These are the options for selling on ebay, I have no issues with selling something that they dont have the ability to test but everything thats not tested needs to have a 14 day return min. I have been selling on ebay for sometime now and its getting better but there needs to be a minimum standard that people need to uphold, if you can't find another way to sell your ****

Over 15k positive https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/plc_trainer

I have sold some non working parts over the years, hell they are electronic so they are going to fail, but I do try and treat people how I want to be treated, I have tossed out many parts that were bad.

the seller's description it says:

That last bit was obviously meant to be "as is."

The 'net is anarchy, and I am not a whiner: I know I blew it here; the most important thing is not the money but that I learned the lesson.

I still suggest filing a claim with Ebay. They have a 30 day refund policy and if it was not listed As "Parts/Not Working" then per their requirements it has to work "As Intended" Ebay's disclaimer is about the imperfections that may exist - dirty, scratched, missing cover, cracked case, etc.

"An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

I have emptied several labs and sold the stuff on Ebay. If it's untested I am clear about that in the description. I also give a 30 day money back guarantee. After all I got them for almost the cost of hauling them away.
I had 2 failures and a shipping mix up. I redeposited their money and told them to keep the parts.
THAT is what I look for when I buy.

Thanks for the advice.

I sent a message to the seller; whether they respond honorably is on them. Beyond that it is not worth my time to file a claim that will boil down to a debate about minutiae in the item description, and I have better things to do than pose as the eBay police.

Which is to say, the nature and scale of the 'net is such that I have always assumed some fraction of my eBay purchases will go south, and I am comfortable with it being a jungle out there.

If someone here feels the need, I'll provide the transaction details.

s-l300.jpg

If you go to the purchase page for the item there is one button to click to start Ebay's 30 day refund procedure. Whether the seller has a return policy listed there should be a Return Item button that you then select the reason and a description.

Okay, you convinced me, I found that button (I'm really bad at that stuff - I can write software but cannot use it;-).

I'm about 20% of the way into the refund amount, as measured by my time.

The seller agreed to take the return! He also asked if I would change my feedback; I am not sure feedback can be changed once it is posted, but a followup feedback can be added.

Packing the PLC for the return took another 50% of the refund cost.

Last edited:
He also asked if I would change my feedback; I am not sure feedback can be changed once it is posted

Great, once you get the refund have them (they have to) send you a feedback change request then you can change it (and you should)

Some money back is better than nothing

Best of luck with your project!

The seller acted honorably in refunding the payment and I re-did the feedback, so it all worked out as eBay intended.

Thanks again everyone for convincing me to challenge my (cynical) assumptions.