Cimplicity hmi commoncation with mp2300 servo controler from yasakawa on modbus tcp

dardary

hii
i have a servo controler mp2300 from Yaskawa.
i want to connact with cimplicity hmi through modbus tcp protocol.
i open mudbus tcp request from mp2300 and configer the cimplicity hmi to work with modbus tcp/ip .
the problem is that when i config the point on cimplicity i get error massage -"point found to be invalid "
when i use address 0XXXX or 0XXXXX
4XXXX or 4XXXXX
i will appreciate if some body can help me
eli

One should also realize that Yaskawa's addresing is 0-based, while a typical Modbus addressing is 1-based. So, if you want to access PLC's internal register MW1012, you would most likely have to configure it as 401013 (or 4:1013) in your HMI. Just do some experimenting.

There are HMI's on the market that can communicate with Yaskawa MP controllers via Ethernet using straight Yaskawa's addresing, e.g., Pro-face 3000 series. But if you have to do it with Cimplicity, you have to do it with Cimplicity...

And, BTW, I assume you did not forget to create a subroutine (what Yaskawa calls a "drawing") with MSG-RCV command as well as did not forget to configure a network connection accordingly. Just checking. This controller will not communicate with an HMI unless the correct "responder" code is running (it is a Japanese thing, I guess).

Last edited: