Omron C200H and CQM1 comms???

Mr_B

We have a Omron C200H setup with I/O's only. Now we wanna add a analog input for an encoder to control the speed of a hydraulic cylinder with a 2 speed hydraulic valve. The distances for start and stop will vary depending on the part running.

That's just a little background. What I want to know is...

... can the 2 PLC's talk to each other or will I have to use relays to do the comms. I want to add a CQM1 to do the reading of the encoder and use compare functions to send out the start, stop and slow down speeds to the C200H.

What do u guys reckon...

You could probably be able to set up comms but I would not bother. Would not bother with the CQM1 either.

I would replace the C200H with a CJ1M and do the lot in that.

The C200H is not supported anymore. Unfortunately, some of the components in the power supply are no longer made, not Omron's fault, just limited life of components.

The CJ1M will do a much better job for you.

Yes, also thought that way, BUT!!! company does not wanna buy new stuff, so I wanna try and do it with wot I got. only thing we'll have to buy will be the anolog cards.

How would I set up comms, which cable etc...

Last edited:
He is right, the c200h is not made anymore however the c200hs is and almost all of the i/o modules are identical. instead of running two plc's, get an analog output module and an encoder input module for the c200h. you can then use a quadrature encoder if you want to improve the resolution