FactoryTalk View ME Failed to initialize the service.

Did not work for my problem with Windows 7 64-bit. Something happened to my laptop when it crashed and was not restored properly. I had to get everything wiped out, including the operating system, and start all over again.

This is a well known issue with View ME.This issue appears frequently if power is lost suddenly. AB is well aware of this issue.

You need to uninstall and reinstall factory talk services platform. This can be done in your control panel or your orig install cd . Hopefully the hard drive has been cloned before, because most of the time it will not uninstall.

I have further instructions from AB if you can't succeed. It will involve going into your registry.

Let me know if you need further help.

I've been having this same issue FTSE 6.1 running on Server 2008 64bit. Chat with Rockwell Support didn't lead to any resolutions either...Any ideas?

This is a well known issue with View ME.This issue appears frequently if power is lost suddenly. AB is well aware of this issue.

You need to uninstall and reinstall factory talk services platform. This can be done in your control panel or your orig install cd . Hopefully the hard drive has been cloned before, because most of the time it will not uninstall.

I have further instructions from AB if you can't succeed. It will involve going into your registry.

Let me know if you need further help.

I just did a full uninstall of FT Service Platform, then a reboot, then an Install, then a reboot again - same error.

I just did a full uninstall of FT Service Platform, then a reboot, then an Install, then a reboot again - same error.

The only way you will have luck is to have a Clone of the hard drive it corrupted prior to the issue. AB is really being an A##. They are well aware of this issue. Send me your email and I'll send a copy of the instructions to modify your registry.

It is an issue with a corrupted registry I believe. If you do a uninstall and re-install you may want to grab a reputable registry cleaner maybe CCleaner or another. Uninstall then reboot. Then use the registry cleaner then reboot. Then re-install and see if that works. Have to get that **** out of the registry I believe.

Factory View ME Failed to initialize the service

I had the same issue twice. One had the same issue after FTview crashed while trying to copy and move something on the screen. I did what Jmveerkamp suggested and it worked. I also didn't lose the unsaved work when it crashed. So thanks for the info.
The other was because I wasn't connected to FactoryTalk. Once connected it seemed to have fixed the issue.
(y)

I had a similar issue, and with the help of jmveerkamp managed to fix it. Thanks you sir! ... Here is my issue and what I did....

When trying to open a project in FactoryTalkView Studio v11, on my Windows 10 laptop, I constantly received the error…

FactoryTalk Linx
An internal error has occurred. You must close FactoryTalk View and stop the FactoryTalk Link service before continuing.
Failed to find the topology node in the configuration.

This is what I did to recover from the issue…
Shut down factory talk view studio.
From this folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects
Navigate to the relevant project folder
Navigate to the Tag folder
Delete or rename the .CAC file
Navigate to the Cache folder
Delete or rename the RDMDATA folder

Re-start Factory talk view studio

Had this issue with my Windows 10 computer running FTV studio v11 and used the solution below and it worked.

Thanks,
Scott

I had a similar issue, and with the help of jmveerkamp managed to fix it. Thanks you sir! ... Here is my issue and what I did....

When trying to open a project in FactoryTalkView Studio v11, on my Windows 10 laptop, I constantly received the error…

FactoryTalk Linx
An internal error has occurred. You must close FactoryTalk View and stop the FactoryTalk Link service before continuing.
Failed to find the topology node in the configuration.

This is what I did to recover from the issue…
Shut down factory talk view studio.
Navigate to the Tag folder
Delete or rename the .CAC file
Navigate to the Cache folder
Delete or rename the RDMDATA folder

Re-start Factory talk view studio

Im running v.8 on a VM with XP Pro, when I tried to put it on Windows 10 back in the day it worked but had a lot of issues like that and Tech support said it wasn't debugged for 10 yet. I need to set up a new VM with Windows 10 and update my AB software to it, Is everything compatible now and would that all be in RS Studio

I've had this issue multiple times now. There is a process that gets gummed up when you get this error and it must be ended using CTRL+ALT+DELETE and task manager. End all the tasks that have to do with FT (except for the activation and Linx). These programs remained gummed up even if you reboot, so this is really the only way to reset it. Works for me every time. I believe one of the key processes is the FT Daemon something-or-other. Will update this post if it happens again.

I've had this issue multiple times now. There is a process that gets gummed up when you get this error and it must be ended using CTRL+ALT+DELETE and task manager. End all the tasks that have to do with FT (except for the activation and Linx). These programs remained gummed up even if you reboot, so this is really the only way to reset it. Works for me every time. I believe one of the key processes is the FT Daemon something-or-other. Will update this post if it happens again.

Old thread but this happened (Again) to me yesterday and I think the task you are referencing is "Shared memory daemon"

Ending this task and then rebooting the server is what did it for me.

This seems to happen when FT View crashes or is closed unexpectedly (Like when windows update decides to reboot to install something while you have it open, despite having that feature disabled)

I have also corrected this in the past by deleting the tag files mentioned earlier in the thread but this is the quickest fix that has worked for me, hope it can work for someone else too.

FT View Initailization Error End This Task and Reboot.jpg