FactoryTalk View ME Failed to initialize the service.

tuxfather

Hi everyone,
well, I'm having a problem with FT View ME at initialization.
Sometimes, when I'll open an existing project the FT crash, and this weird message shows up.

failkx.png

Most often this error occurs when I close and open the same project, but this is not a pattern, sometimes the error occurs, sometimes not.

My system is:
Windows 7 Professional (64-bits)
FT View ME 6.1

Thanks

Well, maybe no one has seen this error before... the fact is, this look like some ActiveX is missing on my system, because I have no reg for this CLSID.

If anyone has this reg on your computer in one of the directories below, please, try export and send the .reg 🤞🏻

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\

Thanks.

Yeah, reboot the pc works, but it's not the solution... anyway, according to an employee from rockwell Brazil, this error can be caused due to an activation failure, but even him is not sure.

At home right now so I don't have the exact info.....

Search the AB knowledge base for the error you are seeing. This is a known issue and there is a downloadable patch to fix this issue.

On a side note, this same issue with FTView will also hose up FTAssetCentre.

If I remember when I get to the office in the morning I will post the AB KB number.

Giant bottle of Jim Beam and a 40oz. speaker magnet. Strap the magnet to the hard drive while the PC is running, pour yourself a triple and walk away...

Sorry, I shouldn't be so sarcastic to a new member.

Welcome to the forum.

I can't say for sure if I have seen that issue, but pretty much all the weird issues with my FctMeStudio v6.1 (in 32 bit vm) went away when I doubled the desktop heap.

Yes, "desktop heap" folks...google it up...

We should get Dustin to write a desktop heap checker utility, and pack it together with the best patch roll up kit...

We can call it it Steaming Heap. Yes, I think Steaming Heap would make a perfect accompaniment to FctMeViewStudio.

Have you tried doubling up the amount of deaktop heap this steaming pile is allowed to use? I wanna say something like switching from 512 to 1024 fixed several of my "Tag database not found", inability to view tags I just viewed, and other sporadic errors.

EDIT: Check this out, Microsoft already has a bloatware version of Steaming Heap. Who woulda guessed?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17782

Last edited:
This always seems to work when I get the "failed to initialize" error.

-shut down FactoryTalk
-browse out to your project - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\
-delete (or rename I just put "-delete" after filename) RDMDATA in the "cache" directory
-delete (or rename) .CAC file in "tag" directory
-Restart FactoryTalk.