Beckhoff - twincat problem (newbie)

titi_nicolas

Hi,

I am trying to program a PLC code on a CX9000 with TwinCat.
I spent the last days configuring the hardware and I think it is fine. I found some interesting tutorials on Youtube on how to connect and configure a CX device and I strictly followed them.
What is working so far:
- I can ping the CX.
- From the System Manager, I can connect to the CX and find the plugged terminals.
- I can map my variables to the physical terminals.
- The status bar in the System Manager says "Config mode" or "Run %" (i.e. no "Timeout" that would means that there is a connection problem).

Nevertheless, when I try to Login to the CX from TwinCat, I get an error message "Wrong PLC type connected". But the status bar at the bottom of the panel says "TwinCat Running" and the target field displays the correct device.
Moreover, I can also get an other error message "TwinCat run-time already running" if I try to login.

I could not find any help in the manual or the web regarding those error messages.

Does anybody can help me?

Thank you very much.

Have you configured the AMS router to your CXs IP address?

Are you creating your program in PLC Control using the correct project type?

When you try to login through PLC Control, after you have your AMS configured and you are using the correct project type, you will need to select the runtime system you wish to use. If your AMS is setp up correctly you should see the local system(your local PC) and your CX device. Select the CX device and expand to show the port connection( not sure what it is for CX but for BC it is 800) and you should be able to login.

Jon.

Hi Jon,

I left the AMS address unchanged to its default value. I read that for the "embeded PC" devices the AMS and IP can be different. Nevertheless, to make sure I gave a try which does not solve the problem.

I have already done what you suggested:
- start a new project with "target system type" = "PC or CX(x86)".
- select the "run-time system" = "run-time 1 (port 801)" of the CX device. (see screen shot)
- login... error "wrong PLC type".

Other ideas?

Talk about messy approach... CX1010 and up are x86, but CX9000 is ARM. Why such a confusing model numbering system - is beyond my comprehension...

When you start the mixer central words appear on the screen of BX9000 (DEFAULT-CONFIG) How can I treat this case and I hope you to send me the file settings for this sweet concrete mixer?

TwinCAT error when switched to Run Mode.

Hi,

I am new to TwinCat 3 and to PLC programming.

I made a program on TwinCat 3 to experiment a little bit. When I switched to Run Mode TwinCat gave me the following error:

Error 15 27/01/2015 23:23:48 551 ms | 'TwinCAT System' (10000): Sending ams command >> Init4\RTime: Start Interrupt: Ticker started >> AdsWarning: 4115 (0x1013, RTIME: system clock setup fails.
Hint: On Windows8 system execute win8settick.bat in TwinCAT\3.1\System as administrator and reboot.) << failed!

I am running TwinCat 3.1, Engineering eddition on Windows 8.1 64-bit operating systems.

Any suggestion of how I can solve this error is more than welcome.

Thanks alot

Ing.S.Agius,
Do you have Beckhoff hardware? If so, what processor? If you have hardware, you must first set a route to it from your Visual Studio PC, then choose it in the System folder (used to be stand-alone System Manager). Once selected, you will see the AMS ID in the lower right. On a new system, one normally finds the I/O, clicks "Activate Configuration", then it prompts you to switch to Run mode.

I don't know about "simulation mode", if that is what you are trying to do. If so, try to follow the Hint they gave you. It might also be a Win8-specific thing, if you are running that (I haven't).

Hello

I hope I will find somebody to answer me since this thread is quite old.

I have TwinCat 3.1 installed on a win10 64 bit laptop.
My target PLC is a Beckhoff CX2020.
I am conected to the PLC but when I try to login an error appears :"TwinCat PLC Control System not Connected"

Any ideas?