AB Micro 820 Controlling 525 Drive

aandjsam

Hi all,

I've been handed over a project for a simple conveyor control system, what I've been given is a Micro 820 PLC and 3 AB 525 Drives, I've been asked to control them via an un-managed switch through Ethernet.

I was wondering if this was possible and if so, which function block is used to communicate with the drive?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Yes it can be done, I do believe you can download from their support website the function blocks that you would need.

Really should not be that big of a deal. I have never used a 525 drive but I have used a micro820 communicating with a Schneider ATV630 thru Modbus/TCP.