OT: Prohibiting Use Of The Programmer Power Outlet

It falls under the saying:

You have to make things idiot proof"

And then sit back and wonder at the quality of idiots working in shops today.

I always use the term "Idiot Resistant" because when ever I make something "Idiot Proof" they build a better Idiot!!!

Why no switch, and why is opening the cabinet door and rotating a custom relay with the locator pin ground off different from a switch?

Get a locking receptacle cover from someone like Graceport and put a label on the cover saying unauthorized use is a terminalble offense. Or paint the INSIDE of the cover (with latex paint by the way) so they can't see the receptacle and won't try to break the lock.

jraef,
If I owned a shop and any non-electrician/programmer employees opened any control panel that would only happen once. They would be made an example of so no one else tries it.

When I go into these shops and the owners refer to their valued workers as 'retards' and 'dumbf***s' ... well, again, not in my shop

EDIT: Also, the last panel I built with an external power/Ethernet port, I monitored the 4 amp circuit breaker and if it tripped it caused a power fault - shutting down the line (that's what the customer decided on while we were discussing the design)

Last edited:
jraef,
When I go into these shops and the owners refer to their valued workers as 'retards' and 'dumbf***s' ... well, again, not in my shop

In the presences of others, the owner of that shop would likely refer to you in the same manner as he would his workers.