Importing Tags from RSlogix5000 to factorytalk view ME

rigicon

Hi everyone. I just got the new factorytalk view ME V5 software.
I exported the Rs logix5000 tags inti a CSV file. In factorytalk I tried to import but it must be in a .med format. Huh
Does anyone know how to get the tags into factorytalk view ME please? :unsure:

No need to import the tags. Read the manual on direct referencing.
You can tell the object on the screen to look at the tag in the PLC direct.
You do not need to run a tag database in the Panelview.
Regards Alan Case

Alan looks like that will only work if you are online, Thanks but the machine is 30min away getting built. Is there any other way.

If you tell it where your offline files (PLC logix file)are on your hard drive you can direct reference them, then when the real PLC is there the PV will automatically look at them instead of the offline file.
Regards Alan Case

Hi everyone. I just got the new factorytalk view ME V5 software.
I exported the Rs logix5000 tags inti a CSV file. In factorytalk I tried to import but it must be in a .med format. Huh
Does anyone know how to get the tags into factorytalk view ME please? :unsure:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A123237175 - Using an RSLogix5000 .ACD file for offline browsing[/FONT]​
Look for this tech note application doc on the aB web site.
It will walk you through the entire setup.

If you tell it where your offline files (PLC logix file)are on your hard drive you can direct reference them, then when the real PLC is there the PV will automatically look at them instead of the offline file.
Regards Alan Case
Alan is right.
The ACD file MUST be on your local machine not a network drive, etc.

你好,Failed to import the file, "name.L5X". The specified L5X file is not targeted for this import context.我怎么处理?

Smoke I don't think you understand the problem mate. Maybe you haven't read the whole forum.

Last edited: