Powerflex 755 - 13035 problem

matatata

Hello

Im currently working with a AB powerflex 755 drive. I matched the drives and created database, downloaded add on profiles and tried to change almost every parameter there is and still, i get this 13035 problem, it says that adapter gets IDLE packets. What does that even mean?

Right now, drive is connected through stratix 8000, and even though i heard about IGMP snooping i've tried connecting directly with plc and still same massage.

There is a massage on display like "not enabled" does it mean that drive is not enabled or?

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community !

The PowerFlex 755 has an onboard EtherNet/IP port, which is considered "DPI Port 13". The fault code number includes that port (13) along with the fault (035).

A "Net Idle Fault" usually means that the packets being sent by the controller to the PowerFlex drive include a flag indicating that the connection is in Idle mode.

Most of the time, that means that the ControlLogix controller is itself in PROG mode. That doesn't break the I/O connection (inputs are still being exchanged) but it does cause the drive to go into Idle mode.

By default, drives will fault when their connection goes Idle. You can configure the drive to simply Stop on idle mode.

The most common instance where I see this complaint is during commissioning when you're downloading programs to the ControlLogix. When the ControlLogix goes into PROG mode, all the drives fault. You don't notice until you get the controller running again and the drives are faulted and need to be reset.

The Knowledgebase also has an article (Article 517712, Access Level: Everyone) saying that certain versions of PowerFlex 755 firmware require an Ethernet switch with a specific type of Quality of Service (QOS) flag.

when i download software and put it in run, i cant clear drive of faults...

how would a parameter look like to put a drive into stop instead of fault on idle communication?

when i download software and put it in run, i cant clear drive of faults.

Usually simply pressing the "STOP" button on the keypad will clear the faults, or cycling a discrete input that is configured for "Stop/Clear Faults".

If those do not clear this specific fault, then there may be something wrong with the Ethernet configuration, like the QOS setting I mentioned.

A-B drives can react to Idle state or to a network Fault condition separately. They can be set up to declare a Fault, or simply to Stop, or to keep running, or even to start and run at a specific speed !

On the PowerFlex 755, look at the Programming Manual (750-PM001), in Chapter 5, for the Embedded EtherNet/IP Port 13 Parameters.

Parameters 54 and 55 are the Comm Fault Action and Idle Fault Action. I prefer to set both of those to "1" to Stop the drive instead of Faulting it.

I set those parameters to stop and nothing changed... like you've said, communication is going on normally but since i dont get the status that drive is ready i cant control it...

Are you using a safe torque off add on card in the drive? If so "not enabled" means that the safety is open or possibly the safety jumper is still installed. Thats the only time ive ever seen that display. Typically if a stop command is being given by the drive or PLC it will say "stop asserted"

Are you using a safe torque off add on card in the drive? If so "not enabled" means that the safety is open or possibly the safety jumper is still installed. Thats the only time ive ever seen that display. Typically if a stop command is being given by the drive or PLC it will say "stop asserted"

yea im using this add on card, today they went though connections and it seems like every safety contact is not energized, im going to wait for them to fix this.