RSLogix 500 Hardware Update

RBergmann

I am currently working on a SLC 5/05 project (I don't do a great number of these). I need to add a 1746-NO8I module, but RSLogix v6.00.00 I/O Configuration does not show this module. How might I update the software to reflect this module as a selection?

I/O module definitions are hard-coded into RSLogix 500, so you would have to update the software, rather than just adding a profile or a definition file.

Generally, RSLogix 500 updates are done via download or CD shipment, which are some of the services included in the TechConnect support contract.

You can likely run this module the hard way, by creating a generic module in RSLogix 500 and entering the module ID code for the functional Class that you want to run the module in.

The Module ID code for the NO8I is 3527 for Class 1, and 12727 for Class 3.

More details about the data format and operation of the module are in the user manual, Publication 1746-UM026A.

I/O module definitions are hard-coded into RSLogix 500, so you would have to update the software, rather than just adding a profile or a definition file.

Generally, RSLogix 500 updates are done via download or CD shipment, which are some of the services included in the TechConnect support contract.

You can likely run this module the hard way, by creating a generic module in RSLogix 500 and entering the module ID code for the functional Class that you want to run the module in.

The Module ID code for the NO8I is 3527 for Class 1, and 12727 for Class 3.

More details about the data format and operation of the module are in the user manual, Publication 1746-UM026A.
Thanks, Ken ...

I'll probably try the "hard" way. I don't program enough AB PLCs to subscribe to an update program. I am currently programming in Mitsubishi, AB, Modicon, and Idec. I'm a one man shop but if I had known about the 8-channel module, I would have put money into my quote to cover the update. Will I find information on the module "class" in the publication?

... rab