1768-L43 Questions

d21x

Using a 1768-L43, can I use two 1768-ENBT's and one 1768-M04SE Module? Reason for using two ENBT's is one is for communications to Panelview, RFID and for PC connection. The second ENBT would be use for data collection connecting to the network. Please let me know. Thanks.

I used an L43 recently and according to Rockwell and the manuals, you can only use up to 2 communication cards to the left on the 1768 bus.

I just tried adding more than 2 cards in Logix and it will not let me either.

David

One 1768-ENBT module will provide both I/O, programming, and data collection services. Just make sure you provide a switch that can do IGMP snooping and querying to constrain the multicast generated by the I/O connections.

If you need a different IP address for your data collection system, use a local router with TCP Port 44818 forwarded to the 1768-ENBT.

davidg68124 said:
I used an L43 recently and according to Rockwell and the manuals, you can only use up to 2 communication cards to the left on the 1768 bus.

I just tried adding more than 2 cards in Logix and it will not let me either.

David
It is a fact, only 2 modules to the left, ENBT and SERCOS (I've used the configurations quite a few times myself, pretty sweet system for the money)
Your issues are solved though.
Take KenR's advice, he's an AB guru and has answerd a lot of questions on this forum.
Best of all, his services are free of charge and always right on the money!

Only reason I want to use two ENBT's is because I don't want corporate to have to assign IP addresses to each device on the network. I also don't want to deal with having a managed switch.

Because I am using the L43, is it possible to use a 1761-NET-ENI for data collection?