Schneider Altivar 32 vs 312

CapinWinky

I'm doing a new Elau/PacDrive3 system and I'm trying to decide which VFD to use. The issue is, the 312 is $150 cheaper per drive, but doesn't have STO, so I have to kill power to the drive and have the redundant safety contractor to do that. In addition, the 312 would be a different protocol while the 32 can be on Sercos with everything else.

At 5 axes, it's in a weird grey area where the 312 and contactors are noticeably cheaper and the sizes end up needing the same panel size to fit, but it's a low volume machine and the 32 and STO are just nicer. I just don't know if they're $100/ axis nicer.

Anyone have an opinion?

Never mind, power cycle frequency limit on the 312 input is 1 minute which is too long for our E-Stop recovery. Doing a safe disconnect on the load side of each drive both eats up the price difference and I'm not sure if it's even allowed.