Schneider Altivar VSD

pbaker88

G'day Everyone,

Been having some trouble lately with some of our Schneider Altivar 61 VSDs. These drives run along nicely but sometimes when we get a powerflick the drive stops running and and it needs to loose its run signal to be able to restart. No faults come-up on its screen it says its ready to go. They are controlled over omron devicenet but ive also had a few cases where they were wired from the terminals and its happened. Has anyone else had this problem as i cant seem to see any parameters point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I've seen it on multiple designs... If the power loss is not long enough for a good fault, the auto-reset doesn't fire, and the drive is left in an alarm or worse.

Quite a few drives require a toggle of the run input to restart. Some have it as an option, to satisfy safety in a plant, but are a PITA in an un-manned, remote application.

One possibility, that works most of the time is to wire a n/o 'healthy' (powered up and no fault) contact in series with the run input.