kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello men

Hardware:
PV Plus 1000
1769-L32E Proccessor
1769 I/O
Stratix Unmannaged Switch

I am trying to upload a project named "test_1" to my PanelView. I have never configured a PV before so I have a question.

First of all this is what I have done.

I have assigned the PV an IP and the first 3 octets are the same as the proccessor.
I see the PV IP address in RSwho and also in RSLinx Enterprise. So I assume all is well.

On the PanelView: But when I go to "Networks and Communications", "RSLinx Enterprise Communications", I get this...

[-] Virtual Backplane
<No Devices
[-] Ethernet
<No Devices
[-] Serial-DF1
<No Devices

Of course I should see my communcations path under "Ethernet" but nothing shows up.

When I open FT View ME on my PC, it shows the communications path on my PC but not on the PanelView itself.

I assume this is why I am unable to upload my project called "test_1"

Any thoughts or suggestions to help me troubleshoot this problem successfully is very much appreciated!

Thanks

Kandy

Maybe?
1) If you are connected to the PLC did you test the screen in View Studio? This will help confirm that you have communications setup properly.
2) Assuming you have comms in testing on your PC. Did you make sure that the “design/local” configuration has been copied to the runtime configuration? Easily way is to click box copy from design to runtime.

Maybe?
1) If you are connected to the PLC did you test the screen in View Studio? This will help confirm that you have communications setup properly.
2) Assuming you have comms in testing on your PC. Did you make sure that the “design/local” configuration has been copied to the runtime configuration? Easily way is to click box copy from design to runtime.

Yes
and
Yes

3) Did you copy communication setup from View studio to PV on download?

When you load the program, It should ask if you want to replace the communications settings, you say yes to this and it brings the ones from the project with it.

5) Application/create runtime application (you have probably done this)
6) Application/Test Application, this will/should run application on your PC. Not sure if it uses local communication or runtime but if it works then copying design to run should be the same.

When you load the program, It should ask if you want to replace the communications settings, you say yes to this and it brings the ones from the project with it.

thats the problem

I am unable to "Load Application" on the PV. Beside the "source" button, I see "internal Storage", "external storage 1 & 2"

There is nothing to load. I figured the application "test_1" would be there.

I have assigned the PV an IP and the first 3 octets are the same as the proccessor.
I see the PV IP address in RSwho and also in RSLinx Enterprise. So I assume all is well.

On the PanelView: But when I go to "Networks and Communications", "RSLinx Enterprise Communications", I get this...

[-] Virtual Backplane
<No Devices
[-] Ethernet
<No Devices
[-] Serial-DF1
<No Devices

Of course I should see my communcations path under "Ethernet" but nothing shows up.

When I open FT View ME on my PC, it shows the communications path on my PC but not on the PanelView itself.

I assume this is why I am unable to upload my project called "test_1"

OK, a little more info to make it clear.

What are the IP addresses and subnet masks of:
Your PC
Your PV+
Your Processor

You say you can see the PV+ from your PC using RSWho, that means you should be able to download to the PV+.

I haven't seen any indication that you can see the processor in RSWho, but you would have to if you tested screens from StudioME.

The "design path" is the path from your pc to the PLC processor, this is used to test screens from Studio. The "local path" is the path from the PV+ to the processor, this is the path used in normal operation. They may be the same, they may not. Usually for ethernet they are the same. A blank "local path" is a common mistake.

When you download to the PV+ from your pc, you don't use either of these paths.

If your Stratix switch is unmanaged, it has no impact. If it *is* managed, it has an IP address too, and must be set.

thats the problem

I am unable to "Load Application" on the PV. Beside the "source" button, I see "internal Storage", "external storage 1 & 2"

There is nothing to load. I figured the application "test_1" would be there.

If you open the 'ME Transfer Utility' on the computer, can you see the PV? This is how you would transfer the program via ethernet.

Ok guys

I figured it out. My comms path was not set up right in both design and runtime in RSLinx Enterprise.

I have downloaded the application successfully but on the PV+ I get an error message...

ERROR: Cannot open project due to version incompatibility

The firmware revision of the PV+ and the project must be the same.

If the PV+ is a 5.0.xFW, You need to save the project in a 5.0 format.

So on for all the various versions.