How words are in an Integer in PLC5/04 Processor?

IdealDan

Hi Friends!
How many words are in an Integer in PLC5/04 Processor?
In an INTEGER Say N10:0, N10:1, N10:2, N10:3..........N10:x WHAT IS THE ACCEPTABLE MAXIMUM/LIMIT NUMBER or WORD per say? (I mean value for x=?)

Max should be 255. One way to verify would be to create a new offline SLC project in RSLogix500 for the type of processor you have and create a new Integer data file containing, say 1000 elements.

If you need more than 255, I believe there is a setting in the processor status file to allow indexing across data files. (Edit: this method can cause unexpected results & run time faults if used improperly. Be sure to read and understand all SLC programming manuals before attempting)

Last edited:
don't forget element 0

Actually you can have a total of 256 elements per integer file in a SLC or Micrologix. The highest element number will be 255.