PB32 to FTV 8.0

Controls_FNG

Hello, I am hoping for some help with setting up a .mer. I will try and give as much detail as possible, thanks.

I am trying to convert a .pba file to a .mer file and have it point to 1764-ML1500 LRP Series C using a PanelView Plus6_700, 2711P-B7C4A8. The old HMI is a Panel View 600, 2711-B6C5.

I am also trying to do the exact same thing with another application, except it will point to a ML1400, 1766-L32AWA.

I uploaded my old .pba file off of a Windows-32 bit Virtual Machine. Saved it, then copy/paste the file to my host computer, which formats it into a .pva file. Then copy/paste that file onto my Windows-64 bit Virtual Machine. In FTV studio, I created a new application and imported my .pva file. I changed my resolution to a PVPlus 7 Standard/Performance 6”/7” (640x480) and selected it to run on a Performance terminal.

Currently, we have our ML1500 on Ethernet, using a Digi One IAP Serial to Ethernet unit.

In RSLinx under ODD/OPC Topic Configuration:
Data Collection Tab: the processor is pointing to a SLC 5/03
Advanced Communication: the correct driver is selected along with the station number.

When setting up the Digi One, we are utilizing Port 2 with DF1 Full-Duplex Protocol under the Serial Slaves Tab. Ethernet/IP and Allen-Bradley Ethernet is selected under the Network Masters tab.

When I set up communications in RSLinx Enterprise in Local, I have: RSLinx,RSLinx Classic under my Backplane.
Under my Ethernet Driver, I choose Ethernet/IP and have my PVP with its static IP, chosen. Then I go under PCCC to SLC and select 1764-xxxx xA 1500LRP, Micrologix 1500. I then import that into my runtime configuration, highlight my shortcut, highlight the processor, hit apply, verify, ok. I create my runtime using 8.0. Download my runtime to my HMI. Load application, configure terminal settings to match application settings.

When I run the application on the terminal, all I get are errors where my tags should be. If I try to change anything on HMI, I receive a Numeric Input Handshake error, and other tags dont show up at all.

All of this applies to the ML1400 as well. Only difference is, I select the ML1400 instead of the ML1500.
(note: under system info on the ML1400 the cat # is: 1766-LEC; this is shown as a ML1100. Is this because the ML1400 is based off of that processor?)

Even trying to use DH-485 for HMI, it does the same thing. I have checked my node address on my terminal, and baud rate. As well as my node address for the network and made sure they match.

I know this application can be accomplished, another person that used to work with my team has successfully transferred the .pba into a .mer and it is currently pointing to a ML1500LRP using DH-485 with the same type of terminal I am trying to install.

I used the imported his Runtime Shortcut he has on that terminal, and added an Ethernet driver and used my pvp terminal, set the ip then added the ML1500 using that processors IP. Downloaded it onto terminal, and it works just fine.

There is something I am missing, some setting I haven’t done, or somehow have converted my .pba/.pva file the wrong way where it is causing this issue. I changed any Semi-colons and dashes to colons and _ in my tags.

I called the AB Help desk and we ran a ‘tracert’ on the IP for the the ML1400.
It is pinging my ip that is on the VM then going to the IP I am tracing, not the IP on the Host Machine.
For the ML1500, since we are not using the 1761-NET-ENI, they did not offer much assistance since it isn’t AB hardware. Instead, instructed me to follow the Digi One instructions.

If someone could please share some insight into this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot of ML1500 to ML1400 upgrades ahead of me, as well as the PB32 to FTV upgrades. I tried to not leave any steps out, to give a full description of how I did everything.

Thanks,

The New Guy.

The conversion tool is part of the Factory Talk View ME, I don,t have Studio
The conversion give a rudimentary conversion I have alway found it more appealing to just make a new program since the PV+ is so much better than the old PV Standard.
Personally I shy away from the AB HMI line anymore and use the Weintek

Are you communicating from HMI to 1400 with ethernet (I'll pick this one as reference as II have not used the Digi Module

With the 1400, the use of the Digi One is not needed, as I can connect the ethernet directly to the processor. With the 1500, I have to use the Digi One serial to ethernet converter.

You mention the ODD/OPC in RS Linx, Are you adding a server to your HMI project, or just using the RSLinx Enterprise for the comms

I just imported an old PV standard into FTV 8.0 and it did give me a bunch of warnings about incorrect tags. I skipped over it and imported project, I noticed all my buttons were using the tag expression and when looking in tags I see they are all set to Memory. When I change to Device I would have to readdress to the program bit or integer with brackets and would have to create the shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise
In RSLinx Enterprise, Communication Setup under Local Mine says
RSLinx Enterprise,--------
+1789-a17 Backplane
+EtherNet,EtherNet

Nowhere does it show RSLinx Classic

I only have one more machine running PV Standard and have converted the rest. But Like I mentioned, Creating a new project for the replacement lets you add so much more into it than what was available with the old HMI, I used the 1761-NET-ENI for my conversions to Ethernet as my old PV's were running RIO. I know the Digi modules are much better as the NET-ENI have limited connections

I mentioned RSLinx Classic to explain how my ML1500 was on ethernet. I just wanted to explain everything from top to bottom so there wouldn't be a question about anything was all. It was probably useless/too much information.
The only warning I receive is "Screen 1 - Main: Message display object will be converted to a Multistate Indicator object at (92,49)."
I am using Enterprise for coms when setting up my Local/Runtime shortcut.

Sounds like you are doing everything correct, You probably will have to go back into the FTV created HMI and correct some of the objects as I believe it cant convert all correctly.