RSLogix 500 edit rung descriptions

CraigM

Hi all
Anyone have any idea how to import rung descriptions. I've tried using the "Export ASCII" to .ERP and edit in notepad. It imports with no errors but nothing is updated. Any ideas?
I've writen a macro that auto-generates the code and it would be nice (& time saving) to have the same for the descriptions.

Sorry guys, maybe I wasn't clear in my request. I need to edit the "Page Title / Rung Desc." You cannot edit in CSV format because the import csv does not support page title edits. The only format I can export it into is the .ERP, .TXT both of which, if edited and reimported, does nothing.

Craig,

I just tried exporting a single rung comment to a .erp file. I editted it in notepad. Then imported it back to RSlogix. My changes made it back in fine. Are you sure you don't have "On collisions: discard imported ASCII records" checked?

OK, got it to work now, not sure what changed but shut down Logix, re-exported, modified and re-imported. Previously I tried to make edits in excel and this must have messed up the format, even though I clicked on "Keep file format" when saving.

Thanks for you input.

OK, here's the solution.
What actually happens is that the Rung Title & Comments are imported, you just cannot see them (at least not right away). I discovered this when I double-clicked on one of the rungs in question then hit enter - the comments appeared!!

Had Rockwell look into it as well and their fix was that (for ver 7.1) you need to Rebuild the Database.
You do this by clicking Tools > Database > Rebuild DB and click YES when prompted. Apparently ver 7.2 has a different format and does not encounter this problem.
Hope this helps.