PlantPAx Object for Controlling 2 state device

Hi,

Anyone familiar with the PlantPAx library?

I have a few simple devices I need to control. 2 outputs for open/close and 2 inputs for status opened/closed.

I could use a P_Valve or P_Pump object and rename it but curious if sometime already exists for a simple 2 state device.

Thanks in advance

Simply because it's an electrically actuated clamp and not a solenoid valve.

Sure it will fit the purpose but I was just curious if there was such an object in the library for a generic 2 state device.

You could create a UDT containing a pair of DIn, DOut, and perhaps some custom commands/states that are associated among them. Think of it as an equipment module containing its control modules.

However, I lean to Ken’s idea because you could easily enough copy and rename, or rename outright, the P_Valve AOI to be “P_Solenoid”.

Last edited: