Modicon Tsx Communication

PLCStan

Please, can any one explain to me how to establish communication with a Modicon PLC TSX model? What cable and Programming software to use?

Thanks.

Is it a Micro, a Premium, a Quantum, etc etc? You haven't fully specified the processor. A catalog number would be useful.

I've only used the Premium processors with Unity Pro as the programming software - I believe the older offering from Schneider was software called PL7. How old is this processor?

the version of Unity / PL7 you need depends on the processor - there are about 3 offerings for each software I believe - small, medium and large for Unity.

Cables - again depending on the processor, but Ethernet comes standard with many of the higher range processors, and i know the M340 and Premiums come with a USB port. Ethernet is my preference, since we use remote STB I/O racks which communicate over ethernet I can program the PLC as well as configure / troubleshoot I/O from the same computer.

Thanks Saffa for your response.

It is actually a TSX 37_08 PLC Model.

Please, do you also know how to configure the software for communication?

Thanks

Hi there,

I haven't used that model before so I'm not really sure.

By "communication", do you mean setting up the programming software (what are you using to program this?) or some sort of I/O server for reading values from the PLC?

Is it a Micro, a Premium, a Quantum, etc etc? You haven't fully specified the processor. A catalog number would be useful.

I've only used the Premium processors with Unity Pro as the programming software - I believe the older offering from Schneider was software called PL7. How old is this processor?

the version of Unity / PL7 you need depends on the processor - there are about 3 offerings for each software I believe - small, medium and large for Unity.

Cables - again depending on the processor, but Ethernet comes standard with many of the higher range processors, and i know the M340 and Premiums come with a USB port. Ethernet is my preference, since we use remote STB I/O racks which communicate over ethernet I can program the PLC as well as configure / troubleshoot I/O from the same computer.
Existing PLC is TSX P57353A, it has 1 Ethernet module, TSX ETY4103 besides it. Is that possible to upload program from the PLC?

But I don't know the IP address for the Ethernet module. Is that any method to auto detect IP address for the Ethernet module?

If it was programmed with Unity Pro then it can be uploaded from the PLC.
As to the IP address that can be decoded from the MAC address if it was not changed from the factory default (not used in the system perhaps.)
I sometimes use Scan.exe to search for an address, but it may take a while.
Others may have a suggestion.
Schneider products equipped with an Ethernet port have a default IP address which is derived from its MAC address (unique identifier assigned by the manufacturer).

For an M340 PLC, the default IP address format is 84.x.x.x where:

84 = fixed value
x.x.x = the last three fields of the default IP address.
These last three fields are obtained by converting the last three hexadecimal bytes from the MAC address into decimal values.

Example:

The MAC address for an M340 PLC is 000053121AC4.

The conversion of the last three bytes from the MAC address into decimal values gives:

16#12=10#18
16#1A=10#26
16#C4=10#196
Therefore, the default IP address for this M340 PLC is 84.18.26.196.

Notes:

For more information on this subject, refer to the Unity Pro online help (Deriving IP parameters from a MAC address).

The MAC address is marked on the module.

The method for deriving the IP address of BMXNOE0100 and BMXNOE0110 modules is exactly the same:

It is polite to write the assigned IP address in the PLC for the ones who may follow you.

Usually those I follow have not done so, b ut there is always the first time.

Existing PLC is TSX P57353A, it has 1 Ethernet module, TSX ETY4103 besides it. Is that possible to upload program from the PLC?

But I don't know the IP address for the Ethernet module. Is that any method to auto detect IP address for the Ethernet module?

As above, that's a PL7 processor, you need PL7 program.

If it was programmed with Unity Pro then it can be uploaded from the PLC.
As to the IP address that can be decoded from the MAC address if it was not changed from the factory default (not used in the system perhaps.)
I sometimes use Scan.exe to search for an address, but it may take a while.
Others may have a suggestion.
Schneider products equipped with an Ethernet port have a default IP address which is derived from its MAC address (unique identifier assigned by the manufacturer).

For an M340 PLC, the default IP address format is 84.x.x.x where:

84 = fixed value
x.x.x = the last three fields of the default IP address.
These last three fields are obtained by converting the last three hexadecimal bytes from the MAC address into decimal values.

Example:

The MAC address for an M340 PLC is 000053121AC4.

The conversion of the last three bytes from the MAC address into decimal values gives:

16#12=10#18
16#1A=10#26
16#C4=10#196
Therefore, the default IP address for this M340 PLC is 84.18.26.196.

Notes:

For more information on this subject, refer to the Unity Pro online help (Deriving IP parameters from a MAC address).

The MAC address is marked on the module.

The method for deriving the IP address of BMXNOE0100 and BMXNOE0110 modules is exactly the same:

It is polite to write the assigned IP address in the PLC for the ones who may follow you.

Usually those I follow have not done so, b ut there is always the first time.

It has been program into PL7 file because the existing Windows is Xp and the file extension is sts.

I found PLC need to be flashed with firmware before it can program with Unity Pro.

Is that any method to convert the program file from PL7 to Unity Pro?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=90943

It has been program into PL7 file because the existing Windows is Xp and the file extension is sts.

I found PLC need to be flashed with firmware before it can program with Unity Pro.

Is that any method to convert the program file from PL7 to Unity Pro?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=90943

Unity converts the application, ive only done it from concept plc's but for PL7 i believe you need to export the application from within PL7 and you end up with an .fef file, and unity opens and converts that.

keep in mind if you are going to update the firmware you will need a modbus plus cable.

Hi All,
i have PLC Modicon TSX 3722 Micro i need to know where should i put the socket of programming cable on Ter or Aux port.
and i see the file for making cable by myself for the converter should be B&B or i can use another model like Adam.
thanks.