5/04 Fault, flashing fault light

bright676

Some how I managed to mess up my 5/04 and rs linx. Now when I do auto config. the baud rate come in at 1200 instead of 19200.

I know that I hit the wrong setting when configuring a different project but I just dont know what one(s). Aparently I must have changed some thing in the processor but I cannot go on line at all to change any thing.

I have pulled the processor out and reset it by shorting the ground/vbb together for about 60 seconds, and that doesn't work.

It is supposed to be running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable. I dont have a clue what to do next.

Thanks

It probably wasn't "running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable".
It was most likely running on Serial RS232 and was using a DF-1 RSLinx driver.
Verify the PC's Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT), Serial Port configuration; I have a hunch that the PC COM Serial port's baud rate was changed to 1200 kbps; make it 19200 and note the COM X number assigned to the Serial Port.
Reboot the PC and then, within RSLinx, add a new RS232 DF1 Devices driver (SLC-CH0/Micro/Type)related the COM X port you have just modified the settings to.
Hopefully an AutoConfigure will bring up the faulted SLC within the RSWho interface.

I just did a restore point and now I have a port conflic with another port even though there was nothing else plugged in. I deleted the other conflick. and still no luck

It is supposed to be running on DH+ from my serial port on my tough book with a cp3 cable

??? does not sound correct, your serial port will not talk DH+

If you are using a CP3 to your serial port you will be using DF1 driver, see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8

The CP3 will be plugged into the DB9 port on the 5/04 and your serial port (COM1) most of the time the serial is COM1

wtf! This is crazy. But some how I managed to get a program loaded into it!. I wish that I new how.

I think I may have some cable management issues here and need to clean this mess up.(operator error)

Thanks for your help.

One thing to remember about a PC's Serial Port: it has the tendency to be "hijacked" by various applications/services, some running in the "background".
The most common issue is the presence of two configured DF1 RSLinx drivers, "fighting" over the COM port.