Allen Bradley Studio 5000 recovery?

CJlikesCHAIRS

I have 2 hard drives, and this morning one got corrupted. I boot from an SSD with all my software on it, and have an HDD that I store all my files on. The HDD got corrupted and I technically lost one file that I didn't back up. A 2 week long project using Studio 5000.

This is the only file I lost, but now I am 2 weeks behind schedule. Does Studio save a recovery file anywhere? I lost the ACD and the backup file. I'm hoping there is a temp folder or something where it saved anything.

I have not, I already formatted the disk again and started restoring my other files to try to not let this delay go any longer.

I was hoping Studio would save something on the drive it's installed on, like a temp file or something. I haven't found anything useful though so I doubt it. Serves me right for not baking up the project after 2 weeks lol.

This mishap is a good reason it would be nice to be able to specify a backup/recovery directory other than the default project directory.

I always set up backup folders on a different hard drive, or at least a different logical drive on a partition.

Especially with Windows and System Restore problems I try not to have critical files on the C: drive at all. All of my desktops have 2 hard/SSD drives, and most of my laptops are partitioned with a Documents drive.

I always set up backup folders on a different hard drive, or at least a different logical drive on a partition.

Especially with Windows and System Restore problems I try not to have critical files on the C: drive at all. All of my desktops have 2 hard/SSD drives, and most of my laptops are partitioned with a Documents drive.

I have my SSD as the boot drive with all software and stuff on it, and all my files are saved on the original HDD. Might be nice to partition the HDD and make a program file backup run every now and then.

I believe it can be done in RSlogix 500 but I've not seen a way to change it in Studio. Please disclose what you find-out if it can indeed be different.

I have my ACD files saved on another drive, and despite having my project directory pointing to the default location, it saves the backups in the same folder as the original ACD file. I'll look into this a little more, as this is what just happened as I tried.

I looked through all of the options and it doesn't appear that it can be changed. RSlogix 5 & 500 has a secondary search path but I don't thinks its the same as what I was hoping it was - a backup/recovery folder other than the project folder.

I usually set up a simple batch script copying project files to a network drive, then let windows scheduler run that script at a suitable interval. If the software cant do it, os + scripts can.

The network drive is also being copied, automated, to another physical location daily.

I use robocopy hourly on a scheduled task, seems to work seamlessly for me. I probably get some garbage on my destination as I don’t tell rc to delete files not on the source, but that is much more tolerable