Panel view plus 1000

kohsa

I would like to change the user passwords for my Pnel view plus 1000 HMI. I think I can do this to upload the backup file from the HMI and change the password on the backup file then import to the HMI. Please let me know that my plan is right or not?
Let me know that what is the .mer file?
The HMI is now working for the compressor, If i import the file to the HMI will it trip the compressor?

Ive always set the passwords in studio, and just downloaded the new .mer file that contains them. I think there are other ways but thats usually easiest. I dont know how the PLC controls your compressor, but it would be pretty bad design to have to shut everything down to update the HMI

So you mean to take the backup file from the HMI and change the password and create the .mer file then download to HMI, isn't it?

Yes, that's what I do. There are ways to put buttons on the HMI that let you manage it from the HMI itself, but I've never tried that.

I have a question regarding creating a lock on a particular button not on the whole screen in the panel builder with a password. Can someone tell me how we can do that ?

I wouldn't want to be in a position where for whatever reason, be it inexperience or by mistake, that I lost my panelview for a period of time on a RUNNING compressor. If your unsure about any of it, you should probably wait until the machine is down before making changes to your control system.... Just my two cents worth.
Sounds like it ain't broken, so......

Just realized this is an old thread!!!! OOPSY!

For continuity RogerF089, it may be best to deal with your query in the original thread you created for it...

panel builder

This thread is, apart from being somewhat old, not quite related enough to your query, in my opinion. Also, I've just added a possible option for you to try in the other thread.

G.

Hi johnnytan22 & Welcome to the Forum!

If you click on the link in my first post (panel builder) you will see what our friend RogerF089 is using.

They are using an older PanelView Standard 1000 terminal (not Plus) and so they are using PanelBuilder32. That is one very good reason why this thread is not relevant as this thread refers specifically to a PanelView Plus 1000.

If you have any further questions or advice for RogerF089 then I think it best to do so in the other thread that they started on the subject.

G.