Help with configuring ABR driver to communicate with SLC

careed_25

We have an intellution system looking at an slc through data highway rio card on a control logix chasis. The control logix chasis also has an ethernet module. This system was working at one time but is currently down. I am not fimiliar with the abr driver or power tool software. I have a driver configured in linx as follows:
Name: TCP-2
Server's IP 192.168.6.x
Remote Driver AB_ETH-4

Name: AB_ETH-4
Type: Ethernet Devices
CLX IP: 10.249.12.xx ENET module is a 1756-ENBT/A
Slot 6 is where the 1756-DHRIO/B module resides in the CLX chasis
The SLC is on Channel A Node 02

The abr configuration is as follows:
Channel Name: Channel0
Enable: Yes
Channel Setup: Device First
Primary Ethernet Gateway Channel Setup:
Rslinx Driver: TCP-2
Backup: None
Reply Timeout: 01
Retries: 3
Delay Time: 10

Device Name: SLC1
Enable: Yes
Device Setup:
PLC Type: SLC 500
Routing Setup:
Primary: 1756-GTWY
Device Primary Channel Setup:
Primary DH+ Addr: 2
Backup DH+ Addr: None
Gateway Path: Ethernet->DH+
Destination Link ID: 0
Slot: 6
Channel: 2 We changed this it was 1 but neither made it work.

We have stopped the driver channel and datablock and nothing changes. We have restarted linx and the pc running intellution and linx. We were first getting overruns and no transmits or recieves now we are getting overruns and transmitts but no recieves and the data status is showing bad,comm failure.

Any help or a point in a direction to help files for the ABR or powertools software would be greatly appreciated. I am at a standstill. I know the plc hardware is good because I can see it through rsview studio se application. This uses just the topic I configured in linx that points directly at the slc going through the i/o tree of the contrologix.

Thanks,
Corey

I just recently went through this setup, only with a PLC5, which should be identical...
Except, I am at home right now.,
I will let you know what my config is in the morning...
You are on the right track though...
BTW, do you have a USB or parallel dongle? IF not, you will not be able to read the PLC data blocks.
(Because the driver is not free....it is downloadable.....but not fully activated)
The other thing is that you need something more than Rslinx lite.
I am running OEM.
Another issue that I ran into....You NEED TO USE 2.50 OR BELOW.
If you are using 2.51 or up it will install, run, but will not populate the datablocks.
That was the real irritating part. I had to downgrade the Rslinx, and what a pain in the ASSS that was.....
Let me know if this makes sense to you....

Like I mentioned above this is not a new install it has worked for years but is now currently down. We are using RSLINX Gateway and I am pretty sure it is OEM. Using version 2.4 for linx. What would really help is a document to explain how to set up an slc with the ABR driver.

Ok, I have attached some good stuff

here is everything you will need.
It is actually quite easy, once you have done it 50 times...

BTW, the data monitor function is weird to operate.
Test your comms with the oscilliscope function, and you should be able to actively read all datablocks.
If you can't....your driver is not functioning properly.

Thanks for the info I will look at it when I get some free time. Right now I have got it working without going through the ABR driver and instead I am using the OPC driver. Had to get some help on getting this working but in the end it works.