RSLogix Emulator And Wonderware

killabeg

Hi there all,

First time user, and hopefully a sucessful one

I'm trying to setup communications between Intouch9.5 and RSLogix Emulator using an I/O Server which does not required placeholders in the tag database. the live plant will use a DAServer to the PLC which doesn't require placeholders. So to emulate the plant I need an equivalent I/O Server. I understand that wwRSLinx can be used with RSEmulate5, but I can't see any way that it will work with RSEmulate5000.

If any ideas, much appreciated.
Thanks,
killabeg

I expect that you would need to use RSLinx Classic OEM, which has a "Virtual Backplane" driver that it uses to connect to the RSEmulate 5000 and SoftLogix 5800 controllers.

I have done this many times with RSView32 and RSView ME, but of course not with InTouch.

I've successfully used RSLogix OEM with InTouch, but have never been able to make the DAServer work that way...

Welcome Killabeg my fellow Irish man!

You should have no problems in connecting InTouch to RSEmuluate5000 using the RSLinx OPC server. I have had no problems doing this with WinCC, RSView and i think iFIX too (RSEmulate V16) so it should work for InTouch.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately its not at the RSLinx end that I have the issue. The problem is that the DAServer removes the need for placeholders in the Intouch Tag Database. If I revert to using OPCLink I/O Server then I have to dump the Intouch tag database, re-address all tags with the relevant placeholders and then reimport. Also the InBatch system requires the same. And then any redirecting of tag addresses in scripts. So there are a number of changes that have to be made, which is not ideal. So if I can get a substitute I/O server that doesn't require placeholders, and that works with RSEmulate5000, then my problem is solved. After talking to Pantek support they tell me that they have no such I/O server available. Maybe there is some third party product out there that some one has used???

Thanks