Convert slc logistics file (ICOM) to SLC500 (.RSS) ?

katratzi

Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a file
that was developed using the SLC Logistics software by ICOM to an (*.RSS) file that can be read by RSLogix500? Will Logix500 open this file as is?

rdrast-

There are eight files associated with the project. Their extensions are: .dfg (70kb), .slc(3kb), .sld(27kb), .slf(1kb), .slp(8kb), .slr(26kb), .slt(1kb), and .slx(8kb). I do not know which one contains the ladder.

I believe the .slc is an ascii export format and rslogix500 should be able to open it. The ICOM/AI would have a .ACH extention as one of it's primary file type.

You are right. I'm sorry, I didn't mention that these files were
from a SLC-150 plc. Duh. I think I was just hoping there was a way to convert this so it could be opened in RSLogix500.

No, it can't be converted to Logix500... The addressing and instructions are different. To open that, you need PCIN from AB, I don't have a copy here, but might have one at home. I'll look around if needed.