omron c60 with c200 expansion rack

rock

have a question that I have not been able to find a answer to by reading the omron manual.
Have some older equipment that have a omron c60h plc that also has a c200 expansion module with extra I/0.
Is it possible to insert a omron serial board in the expansion rack and use the rxd and txd commands

Same answer, different forum.

Wow! I knew it could be done, but I never thought anybody did it. About the only reason that a C200H expansion rack was used with a C60H was to use C200H Intelligent I/O (CT001, NC112, ASC02, etc.) with the base CPU.

Good try, but the Hostlink modules that supported TXD and RXD are not compatible with the PIN and the POUT (PortIN and PortOut) instructions included with C60H. You could use an ASC02 module with the C200H expansion rack, but they are about $1200-$1300 dollars and really doesn't make any sense.

Are you using the RS232 port on the C60H CPU? That's what the PIN and the POUT instruction are for, similar to TXD and RXD in later models.

thanks Jay
The machines that i am working on do have a basic ascii module in the c200 rack. it is being used to communicate with accusort barcode scanner.
the serial port is being used for the nt20 display. at the moment looking at connecting the scanner directly into the display. Not sure if this can be done with a nt20 or not.