Micrologix 1100 connection help

Malador

Lifetime Supporting Member
I bought a used micrologix 1100 and I'm having a lot of trouble connecting. My problem may have something to with the processor being faulted, I really don't know. The LCD says says "remote" and the fault light flashes.

Anyway I've tried to configure the IP address with BOOTP-DHCP Server following the instructions on the attached PFD. I got to page 12 where you "disable bootp-dhcp." After 20 minutes and 21 failed attempts, I gave up and left for awhile. When i came back windows had preformed an update and restarted. Now my request and retention history is blank. I'm at a loss at what to do at this point. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

:confused:

Sounds like an application fault. Post the full model number. Does it have another port? like serial.

If I recall the ML1100 has a round serial connection also. And also some buttons on it with LCD allowing you to check values, eg ethernet IP

I have found that if you have an ethernet cable connected to the ML1100 and then you go to the "setup" screen it will show you the IP address, if you do not have the cable connected and you go to the "setup" screen it will not show the IP address.

Alan
ps I do not have a ML1100 to check the screen names at the moment or to test that this works I am just going of memory.

[FONT=Garamond,Bold][FONT=Garamond,Bold]
1.​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]On the Main Menu screen, select Advance Set by using the Up and
Down keys on the LCD keypad, as shown below. If the menu items
shown in the figure below are not displayed on the Main Menu screen,

you need to scroll down the screen by pressing the Down key.
2.​
Then, press the OK key on the LCD keypad. The Advanced Settings

Menu screen is displayed,
3.​
If ENET Cfg is selected, press the OK key.
If not, select ENET Cfg using the Up and Down keys, and then press
the OK key.

[FONT=Garamond,Bold][FONT=Garamond,Bold]4. [/FONT][/FONT]The Ethernet Port Configuration screen is displayed

When an IP address is not yet assigned to your controller, only the MAC
address assigned to your controller, which is represented as​
XXXXXXXXXXXX

[FONT=Garamond,Bold][FONT=Garamond,Bold]5.
Press the ESC key to return to the Advanced Settings Menu screen
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

If I recall the ML1100 has a round serial connection also. And also some buttons on it with LCD allowing you to check values, eg ethernet IP

The buttons don't seem to do anything. it just says "0*00*remote" the asterisk are actually completely filled in blocks.

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's help so far. but, I need to get to sleep. Tomorrow's probably going to be a long day. I'll try and figure this out tomorrow.

In the mean time can anyone tell me what fault code 0187h is? I couldn't find it in the manual or in the rslogixs micro help.

According to RSLogix v8.2 Help File
xx87
(The xx indicates the module number; if this is 00 the problem cannot be traced to a specific module.)
The expansion I/O configuration in the user program did not match the actual configuration, or:
The expansion I/O configuration in the user program specified a module, but one was not found, or:
The expansion I/O module configuration data size for a module was greater than what the module is capable of holding.