FactoryTalk View SE HELP PLEASE

dwinchester

I've been assigned a project at work where I have to add a display to an SE application. Easy enough, except for the fact that it's being used as a marquee display on a remote monitor above a line... with ZERO used interface. I'm trying to use a counter in a ControlLogix processor to index between screen and I am having ZERO luck. I've copied the VBA script that Rockwell's Tech Connect has swore would work but yet still no screen change.

So here's the particulars:
Screen number tag type in the display is Analog due to the way I set the logic up for future adding of screens.

The attached file is a screenshot of the logic which is functioning.

This application is pulling information on the displays properly from this PLC so it's not an RSLinx issue.

Example of the startup macro syntax used for the displays:
Display Overhead_Display /ZA

VBA Code used:

Private Sub NumericDisplay9_Change()
If Not IsError (NumericDisplay9.Value) Then
If NumericDisplay9.Value = 1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Display Overhead_Display_2"
End If
End If
End Sub

Please forgive my ignorance in advance since I definitely am not a VBA guru by ANY MEANS!

Screen counter logic.jpg

Don't make things hard on yourself.
Can't you just use a "Multi-State Indicator" and have it switch based on an integer?
MSI's can have tag data in the messages, and are fully formatable based on the selection integer.

Don't make things hard on yourself.
Can't you just use a "Multi-State Indicator" and have it switch based on an integer?
MSI's can have tag data in the messages, and are fully formatable based on the selection integer.

Unfortunately due to the amount of information it isn’t possible to use a multistate indicator. Count down timers for 3 different systems.... juice flavors in 3 different silos... silo levels for 3 silos. Yea MSI’s just can’t do what I need unfortunately.

So you're looking to have a different screen appear every 5 seconds? And each of those screens will contain some new info to flash across the top?

I agree with rdrast - multi state indicator seems like the way to go. I'm not sure which version of FT you are using, but in V9.0 - you can have up to 2,000 states in one indicator. (Not sure how well that would actually function though.)

So make your counter reset after it reaches, say, 9. And then you can have all of the states looking at the counter.ACC. State 1 needs counter.ACC ==1, state 2 needs counter.ACC == 2, and so on.

If you are really set on using VBA, my only thought is making sure that "NumericDisplay9" is exposed to VBA. Right click on the display, go to property panel, then change the ExposeToVBA property to "VBA Control".

Cheers.

So you're looking to have a different screen appear every 5 seconds? And each of those screens will contain some new info to flash across the top?

I agree with rdrast - multi state indicator seems like the way to go. I'm not sure which version of FT you are using, but in V9.0 - you can have up to 2,000 states in one indicator. (Not sure how well that would actually function though.)

So make your counter reset after it reaches, say, 9. And then you can have all of the states looking at the counter.ACC. State 1 needs counter.ACC ==1, state 2 needs counter.ACC == 2, and so on.

If you are really set on using VBA, my only thought is making sure that "NumericDisplay9" is exposed to VBA. Right click on the display, go to property panel, then change the ExposeToVBA property to "VBA Control".

Cheers.

Yea I just double checked that the numericdisplay9 is exposed to cab code. Give me a few mins and I will get a picture of the 2 displays so you can see why MSI’s just aren’t feasible for this application.

I can't see a reason MSI's can't work, even if you have to put a few up with the same index number, BUT....
Rather than SE, if you are going to be messing around with VB anyway, why not AdvancedHMI?

I can't see a reason MSI's can't work, even if you have to put a few up with the same index number, BUT....
Rather than SE, if you are going to be messing around with VB anyway, why not AdvancedHMI?

I have to use SE due to the fact that it’s an already existing marquee display on the shop floor that they want to add more information to.

I have it figured out. Stupid typo I found. Once I get back to my desk I will provide the images as promised so you can see why the msi’s Just won’t work without a ton of extra work

I did finally get everything straightened out with this. As you can see with the 2 images the MSI just wouldn't do what I needed to do considering that everything on these displays has to be big due to being 20' up in the air on a 55" TV. Sometimes people have no clue what it takes to get what they requested done.

Original Display.jpg New Display.jpg