Panelmate Password

I am trying to backup the the program on a Panelmate 4000 Power Series HMI, but when I try and take it offline, it asks for a password. Does anybody know if it has a default password or a way of resetting the password without "destroying" the program?

Thanks for the reply. "2" works for password B, but I am still prompted for password "1" when I attempt to go offline.

It may very well be that someone changed the value for password A. Those "defaults" only apply until they're changed. If that's the case, then you'll need a copy of the application to discover the correct password.

It may very well be that someone changed the value for password A. Those "defaults" only apply until they're changed. If that's the case, then you'll need a copy of the application to discover the correct password.

If he had a copy of the application, he would not need to back it up :confused:

Thanks for the reply. "2" works for password B, but I am still prompted for password "1" when I attempt to go offline.
That means the person who created the application changed password 1. If, by "default password" you meant to ask if there is a "backdoor" password that will allow access regardless of whether or not you know the actual password A or password B, the answer is no.

I ran across a cryptic statement in the manual for the original PanelMate4000, before the "Power Series" designation. For what it's worth, in the paragraph that talks about lost password recovery, it says "If the offline mode selection is password protected, you must remove the electronics module assembly from the front panel to automatically invoke the transfer mode."

Thanks for the replies. Today I received a reply from cutler Hammmer. I took their advice and it worked. I'll cut and paste their response:

The best thing to do is go into offline mode a different way to bypass the password. If you have a touchscreen it's a little more difficult than a keypad, but still doable.

Keypad work around:
- Power down the unit
- Press and hold the second and third button from the top while powering back up.
- Keep holding until unit finishes booting up.

Touchscreen work around:
- Power down
- On power up watch the unit through diagnostics.
- When it says touchscreen passed, press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hold it until it goes into offline mode.