Communication Question, please help.

tm_0405

I have one CJ2H-EIP21 PLC with an ethernet hub connected with some devices. There is another CJ1 PLC with ETN21 module also with a hub connected with some devices. Now I need to set up communication between these two PLCs. These two PLCs have difference IP address. what is the best way for hardware? Will I need a router in between? Can I just use a ethernet cable plug to both sides of the hubs? What is the best way for software? Will I have to use FINS communication? Will I need to set up routing table? THX

post the ip, subnet and gateway for each plc. if they are in the same range then you can use a cable to connect them. if they arent I would put them in the same range if possible.

Thanks diat150, Because they are both kind of alone, Can I set up both same as 192.168.0,1, subnect 255.255.255.0? So you mean I can just plug cale to hubs? what about software? FINS is the only method? THX.

If you can set both IPs like (1)192.168.0.1,(2)192.168.0.2.
From that point it is easy
You will need routing table for both of them with the same network No.
If you can set the IPs I can send you working sample.

I send you 2 projects
Your lucky I document my projects in English.
Pay attention both set to network 10
You need to use routing table(not Attached)
I use to read not to write when I deal with communication .So both of the PLCs just read from the remote PLC.
Feel free to ask if you have any question.