toggle bit S:1/14 oem bit AB

tona

Hey guys can anyone assist me in toggling bit s:1/14 oem bit in logix500. when this bit is set access to program code is not allowed, so i cant monitor the program, save or upload.
someone help plizzzzz

One way

If you have an off line copy you can toggle the bit and download to the CPU

1st open the file on your program tree, then change the view to binary, find the S1/14 bit, double click on the 1 and type a 0 value (in my pic its a 0), then you will need to download it... not sure if you can change it while you are on line?? can you go on line?

I know we have talked about this before you may need to search it...

If you don't have a copy of the program then I think there was a way around it but I forgot, if I remember I will let you know..

see the pictures on what to do
hope it helps

toggle111.JPG

toggle222.JPG

geniusintraining said:
One way

If you have an off line copy you can toggle the bit and download to the CPU

1st open the file on your program tree, then change the view to binary, find the S1/14 bit, double click on the 1 and type a 0 value (in my pic its a 0), then you will need to download it... not sure if you can change it while you are on line?? can you go on line?

I know we have talked about this before you may need to search it...

If you don't have a copy of the program then I think there was a way around it but I forgot, if I remember I will let you know..

see the pictures on what to do
hope it helps

toggle111.JPG

toggle222.JPG

I get what u mean, but my current copy of the code in my laptop does not match the code in the controller, i did a compare and there are 2 rungs that are different. Can u help me get a copy of the code in the controller, like i said bit S:1/14 is set and i cant upload or save the program. I dont want to erase the code thats already in the controller.

Mickey said:
How did you do the compare if you don't have a copy of the controllers program? Just curious.

the copy i have does not match the one in the controller, one of the ex employees changed it and managed to lose his laptop, so am stuck with a code thats not current.

tona said:
I get what u mean, but my current copy of the code in my laptop does not match the code in the controller, i did a compare and there are 2 rungs that are different . Can u help me get a copy of the code in the controller, like i said bit S:1/14 is set and i cant upload or save the program. I dont want to erase the code thats already in the controller.

I understand and feel your pain. I'm just being picky about your above statement.
I know this doesn't help. I'll shutup now and go back to my lawn chair.

I'm not trying to be picky either, but do you know which two rungs were changed or anything? If you could reverse engineer those changes, you could simply make the changes to your offline program and download it. That's really your only choice.

Which processor do you have?

TWControls said:
I'm not trying to be picky either, but do you know which two rungs were changed or anything? If you could reverse engineer those changes, you could simply make the changes to your offline program and download it. That's really your only choice.

Which processor do you have?

compactlogix 1500

You mean a Micrologix 1500? Do you have a spare? How about the modified rungs? Do you have any idea what was changed?

The Compactlogix doesn't use RsLogix 500

TWControls said:
You mean a Micrologix 1500? Do you have a spare? How about the modified rungs? Do you have any idea what was changed?

The Compactlogix doesn't use RsLogix 500

sorry, meant to say micrologix 1500. it was changed to allow for new drives to be used. I just wanted to find out if there is a way i could get the code from the controller, if i cant i guess il have to do it the harder way.

RSS LOGIX 500 does not allow a direct toggle. However, there is nothing to keep an outside application from controlling the bit. A backdoor access can be done using FactoryTalk View Studio. Create a simple project with a button assigned to the bit (or a numerical entry assigned to the S:1 word). Use the Test Application tool without having to load it to a panel.

There should be no reason other applications could not do the same.

You do realize that you are replying to a thread from 2008 and odds are in the past 15ish years the PLC has been replaced and the problem with toggling the bit is in the past... long in the past
I just helped a client access their 5/05 using the backdoor method. The SLC controller is still fully functional after 17 years. This thread is on the first page of a search result for "S:1/14".